- After completing her training and passing the fellowship she took a break from academic anesthesia to complete her family.
- After a few years she returned to UK and inspite of full commitments of raising three children did her Higher professional training as Senior Registrar in Manchester Group of Hospitals.
- An opportunity came up in the newly established Medical university at Jeddah Saudi Arabia where she was appointed as the first Head of Dept of Anaesthesia with the rank of Associate Professor.
- In a short span of time she established the dept. and had the Dept recognized by the Royal Colleges of UK and Canada and initiated and established the first residency training programme in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- After almost ten years at King Abdul Aziz University an Opportunity came up at Karachi where Aga Khan University had started its Hospital Operations in 1985.
- She was appointed an Associate Professor and Head of Dept at the Aga Khan University a position she held as Chairperson and Professor till the year 2002.
- During her tenure she established the Intensive Care unit and a structured Residency Training Program in 1987. The first residents are now Full Professors and many more who have graduated from this program are holding key positions in Anaesthesia not only at AKU but all over Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Ireland and UK.
- She has a keen interest in Ethics and has chaired The Hospital Ethics Committee for 9 years.
- She is a keen researcher and is the author of aproximately 40 publications in National and International journals of repute.
- She is the current Dean of Faculty of anaesthesia CPSP.
Married to Dr. Yusuf Kamal Mirza in 1962. Blessed with three daughters and a number of grand children.
She can best be described as:
- A workaholic
- An outstanding academician and Anesthesiologist
- An excellent teacher
- A Critical thinker
- A passionate traveler
- A friendly and humble person
- A caring wife and a loving mother